Hiring Organization / Company: Un
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To provide transportation to WHO staff and visitors, as well as delivery/collection services of documents and goods, related to the official work of the WHO’s office.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
Under the supervision of the Administrative Assistant / Head of Sub-Office and the overall guidance of the Operations Officer. The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring the highest standards of professionalism and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. Instructions are normally given on an ad hoc basis, routine duties are carried out according to the established schedule; fulfillment of assignments is checked on a regular basis.
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Drive office vehicles for transport of authorized personnel to different destinations, including field visits. Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport, assist with basic visa and customs formalities and other arrangements, as required; ensure compliance with WHO rules and regulations including security and safety requirements.
- Deliver/collect and facilitate the customs clearance of official incoming and outgoing pouches, hand-delivery of mail, parcels and other heavy items to or from UN Agencies, Ministries, Embassies, Universities, airport, etc.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle, checks fuel, oil, battery, breaks, tyres, etc.. Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, ensure the proper functioning and cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc., maintain all the required documents/supplies up to date; including vehicle insurance, license, registration, logs, office directory, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Procure minor supplies for the Office, obtaining invoices for local purchase and arrange to pay office telephone and other bills, as required.
- Act as a messenger within the office, if needed and perform other related duties.
- Any other related task assigned by the supervisor.
Functional Skills & Knowledge:
- Basic mechanical knowledge and skills in operating and maintaining different types of vehicles.
- Good knowledge of the topography of the country and full proficiency in local traffic regulations.
- Proven ability to deal with clients with tact and respect for diversity.
- Work may involve some discomfort due to long driving hours, lifting of bags and/or parcels and being subject to weather and traffic risks.
- Computer skills are an asset.
Excellent knowledge of the local language. Working knowledge of English is an asset.
2) Knowing and managing yourself
Job Location Information:
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you will agree that it is one of the hardest jobs at the present time. In most cases, you’re going to haven’t any clue where or what to look for in the job market. The great factor is that you are not by yourself. There are a couple of folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center can be simple if you understand the place to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed below are tips that will help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an improbable and regularly overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms often supply critical coaching, property, and techniques for process seekers. These companies can also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little operating experience. A simple Internet test for job firms on your areashould discover where and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations make a selection to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The top purpose for that may be to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give companies the best way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can frequently be a quicker and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn into into a long lasting job for the people who perform neatly all the way through their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of money when cash is now tight in the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.