Hiring Organization / Company: Careem
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organisation that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle East’s ride-hailing economy. Today, Careem is the region’s everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify people’s daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential.
To work with the Senior Director of Government Relations to manage the development and implementation of an effective government relations, regulatory and policy strategy for Careem in Pakistan to secure Careem’s licenses to operate, advocate for favorable regulations and win government partnerships across, ride hailing, delivery, payments and new verticales.
This role has significant impact on key operational metrics including, quite simply, the company’s ability to generate and grow revenue in Pakistan through existing and future products, services, and operations.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (OUTPUTS, KPI’S)
- Develop, in coordination with the Pakistan GM, Senior Director of GR and other senior business leaders, winning strategies for Careem’s successful engagement with Government entities at the national, provincial and occasionally municipal levels.
- Work closely with the Pakistan GM and other senior business leaders to directly engage government stakeholders and successfully build relationships and advocate for Careem’s interests with decision makers.
- Persistent follow up with government bureaucrats to ensure support from top-level government officials translates into quick favorable action at the civil servant level.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of Careem’s engagements with governments, including weekly reports on actions taken, an up-to-date stakeholder map for each province, a detailed value at stake matrix as well as other tools and trackers.
- Lead the development of persuasive position papers and presentations that explain Careem’s regulatory and policy objectives to policy makers.
- Develop and maintain strong, trust-based relationships with Ministries, regulators, and other Government and non-government bodies at the Minister, Director General, Advisor, civil servant and enforcement levels.
- Track regulatory and political developments in Pakistan utilising both formal and informal sources of information to proactively identify threats to and opportunities for Careem.
- Advise senior business leaders up to and including the CEO with clear, concise and actionable insights on the political and regulatory environments across Pakistan and what they mean for Careem.
The Director, Government Relations Pakistan is a leadership role at Careem. Careem’s regulatory and policy agenda in Pakistan is highly innovative in that we are working with government partners to build win-win regulatory and policy frameworks for the mobility of people, the mobility of things and financial inclusion across a range of products and services. Put simply we are actively engaged in developing regulation for new industries we are helping create. This role will require significant travel.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 10 - 15+ years of relevant experience including at least 3 years working in advocacy
- Well-developed, knowledge of the legislative and regulatory processes in Pakistan and a nuanced understanding of the formal and informal influence channels.
- Comfort with starting from positions of regulatory uncertainty.
- A diverse range of backgrounds could be the foundation for success in this role including having worked in public policy, the Governments, public affairs or relations, regulated environments, management consulting, or law.
- Location is flexible
- Energetic and tenacious self-starter with an inner drive to proactively engage and follow up relentlessly to drive impact rather than output.
- Attention to detail, ability to think creatively and establish positions that benefit the company and its government partners.
- Complete fluency and the ability to draft formal correspondence in Urdu and English.
- Confident and articulate and persuasive when presenting in Urdu and English.
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment.
Job Location Information:
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about in search of Jobs, you will agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs this present day. In most cases, you’re going to haven’t any clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The good thing is that you are not by yourself. There are several other people out there who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center will also be simple if you realize where to start. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are tips that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an improbable and regularly overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms frequently provide important training, belongings, and systems for activity seekers. Those corporations may also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or those with little working enjoy. A easy Internet scan for job firms in your areaought to uncover the place and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies select to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The tip function for that is to economize on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply companies the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services and products can repeatedly be a quicker and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise become into a long-lasting activity for the people who carry out neatly right through their working.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of money while cash is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.